If there’s anything that every human on this planet can be cheered up with, it’s undoubtedly chocolates. The variety of chocolates you get in today’s world is baffling to the even think about. It can be sweet, bitter, yummy and smooth or even crunchy. Some even are filled with items on the inside, as a little surprise. There is a direct relationship between chocolates and happiness, and that is probably why it’s a norm to gift couples with chocolates on valentine’s day. Chocolates contain cocoa and cocoa is known to help produce endorphins. These endorphins are known to relieve pain – both emotional and physical. This just goes to show how chocolate is the best comfort food/snack anyone craves for in times of sad, bad or traumatic moods. The amount of times television advertisements show how chocolates are caved for during the times of break-up between couples is another facet to note. The best kind of chocolates, however, are Italian hazelnut chocolate, kinder Bueno chocolate, assorted chocolates online, Baci Italian chocolate, Italian hazelnut chocolate sourced from the best online Italian stores that deliver to your doorstep across the globe, in no time at all.
Italy’s Relationship With Chocolates
The first documented attestation of the presence of cocoa in Europe dates back to the year 1544 in Spain. Initially, Europeans weren’t too crazy about cacao since it tasted bitter. And then, someone came up with the idea to add sugar into cocoa and then from the ashes of that was born – chocolates. After this process, chocolate began to get famously popular in Italy. In the 17th century, Italy started producing chocolate on a large scale. Some of the oldest chocolate factories in Italy were formed in the 18th century. Having understood the understated love for chocolate, let’s learn how to make an amazing salted dark chocolate tart recipe using Italian hazelnut chocolate.
The Recipe for Salted Dark Chocolate Tart
If you are looking for some of the best decadent recipes to make for a comforting after meal dessert or something to go alongside your espresso coffee, these Salted Dark Chocolate Tarts are the best.
- One and a half cups of oreo cookie crumbs
- A third of a cup of melted butter
For the Caramel:
- Three Quarters a cup of sugar
- Three tablespoons of water
- A third of a cup of heavy whipping cream
- A dash of salt
- Two tablespoons of cubed butter
For the Filling:
- One and a quarter cups of heavy whipping cream
- Four cups of dark chocolate
- A teaspoon vanilla extract
- Half a teaspoon large-crystal sea salt
Note: You can buy dark chocolate from Italian food stores online sourced directly from the heart of Italy.
Directions for the Best Salted Dark Chocolate Tart
- A small bowl and in it combine the oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter.
- After it is mixed well press it down to the bottom of greased 9-inch circular tart pans with removable bottom.
- Firstly, cover the mixture and refrigerate for thirty minutes.
- To make the caramel, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, mix sugar and water.
- Keep stirring the caramel mixture until all of the sugar melts and the mixture looks clear. Make sure not to boil it.
- Now after this step, amp up the heat level and bring it to a boil without stirring the mixture. Cover the mixture shut and let it keep boiling for another two minutes.
- Shake the pan with the mixture in it and cook for another couple of minutes till it turns the colour of amber.
- Now you may remove the pan off the heat and stir in the heavy cream until it forms a smooth consistency.
- Also, stir in the butter & salt, and blend it well.
- Pour this mixture in the crust and leave it in the refrigerator for another 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, place the chocolate and in a small saucepan bring to boil – cream. Pour the cream over the chocolate and whisk it until it’s smooth and stir in some vanilla and let it rest for twenty minutes
- Pour over the caramel and sprinkle it with crystal seas salt. Refrigerate for about three hours and then remove it forty-five minutes before serving.
You’ll never have a more decadent dark chocolate tart in life. Give this recipe a go right away!