Initially, the ice chest was used by travelers, and others hanging out at beaches were made from galvanized metal. Later on, it was made from hard plastic. Essentially, it was made with a double-walled layer with dense styrofoam in between that helps to keep the meals inside it, cooled for a long while. That is still the concept behind how insulated cooler bags work.
After that time, styrofoam was deemed a suitable insulator; however, it was not thick enough to
maintain the temperature inside the vessel for a long period. Another reason why styrofoam was not an adequate enough insulator was that styrofoam easily dents away and gets broken. This is why a hard layer of high-quality plastic layer had to be encapsulated to prevent it from causing breakage. This hardshell case is also extremely heavy to carry around, which makes this a design flaw, and inconvenient for people to carry around.
In contrast to these galvanized metal or styrofoam, insulated cooler bags are not as rigid in shape or heavy to carry around. Instead, they are made from flexible fabric materials such as polyester, which is resistant to water and can hold the temperature constant within. The cooler bags are lined inside with a heavy-duty foil, which works best for keeping the food inside cool or warm as intended.
And if you look in between these layers, there’s flexible foam, which is thin in size but dense enough to maintain the internal temperature as well. Usage of this technology allows having a bag that is light in weight, is flexible and thin, making it easily convenient to transport materials inside it. Since it makes use of lighter materials to make, manufacturers can produce a wide variety of sizes and shapes of these bags as opposed to the few hard-shelled plastic cooler kegs and galvanized metal ones.
Many Uses of Insulated Cooler Bags
- Hold Perishable Items – If you go out for shopping and buying groceries, and decide to come back home after taking a detour from running errands all over, but need a safe place to keep the cold storage items, use the insulated cooler bags. Using insulated cooler bags can help with keeping the cold storage items fresh and ready to use when you get home or store back into the home freezer for later use.
- Use as an insulated fish box – For all the fishing fanatics who love going on a fishing spree, you’ll need a container to store all the fishes that were caught. With the help of insulated storage bags, bring along a pack of ice that can help keep the fish cool inside, you’ll be able to hold onto the fish as fresh as possible till you get home.
- Preparation of Food – If you are planning to go for a picnic near a chalet with the barbequing stations, the best way to keep the marinated meats and vegetables fresh until barbequed or roasted is by locking them away in a cooled insulated cooler bag. It is also best used to keep away your chilled beers, cool breezers, and soft drinks along with club sandwichs packed away for perfect picnic time. It can also be used as a table from which food can be eaten and even for cutting away vegetables to be prepared.
- Keeping Takeaway Warm – If you are into ordering takeaways from your favorite stores on the way back home from work. And are afraid that by the time you make it back home, it will no longer be warm enough, then the best way forward is to get your ordered food and use the insulated cooler bags to keep the takeaway warm for you to consume.
- Storing All Wet Clothes – When you head to the beach with your beach clothing and have had a deep dip in the ocean, and you are heading back home, the best place to store all your wet clothes and towels is your insulated cooler bags. They will not wet your vehicle or even your other clothing.
These are some ways in which insulated bags can be used in daily life, and anyone can benefit from its use.