Everybody knows that baby skin is very different because it is much thinner compared to adult skin. A simple touch is enough for understanding that babies’ skin is very sensitive and delicate, making it more susceptible to different changes in the environment. This makes babies more prone to different complications such as rashes, allergies, irritation, and even infections in some cases.
This means that baby skin requires enhanced protection and attention in order to keep it healthy. Many people use natural products for baby to keep the skin healthy, but ultimately it is all about keeping the skin hydrated and moisture at all times. However, never make the mistake of using adult skincare products on babies because their skin is highly vulnerable to different allergies resulting from such harsh products. In addition, soaps, detergents, and shampoos with strong chemicals should also be avoided to protect the baby from any adverse reactions. But how to take good care of a baby’s skin? Let’s find out.
How To Take Care Of Baby’s Skin?
This question might appear to be very confusing and complex, with so many different types of products available in the market. While some might suggest using natural baby products Canada, others might propose using something else. Therefore, we came up with skincare tips for babies that might help parents with this dilemma.
- Choosing The Right Powder: Parents need to be very careful while choosing the ideal talcum powder for their baby. It is always recommended to opt for powders that are specifically designed for babies. To harm babies ‘ soft and sensitive skin, one should always avoid using talcum powders with fragrances or other chemical solid components.
The other suggestion here would be to refrain from using powders that contain grains and instead opt for powders with herbal components, more so for the area that comes in regular contact with the diaper. Many even consider it better not to powder the diaper area because it can result in unforeseen infections or other complications in the future.
- Keep The Little One Away From Direct Sunlight: Experts recommend keeping the baby away from direct contact with sunlight. This rule is not to be broken even during the winter season. Further, experts recommend not to use sunscreen on babies below six months; instead, one should keep the baby in the shade for as long as possible. To be more specific, limit the baby’s exposure to the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. because the ultraviolet rays are at their strongest during that period. In addition, make sure to keep the baby hydrated at all times with either formula or breast milk if one needs to spend some time outside.
- Keep Your Baby Clean: This is one of the most important things to do, as every newborn has skin that is usually greased and coated with a material called vernix that looks like white wax. Nonetheless, this material eventually peels off at a very slow pace during the first few weeks of the baby being born.
Generally, this process does not require any additional cream or rubbing. Therefore, the best one can do is sponge the baby clean during the first few weeks after the birth with more attention to the diaper area and the mouth.
- Pay Attention To Dry Skin: There have been many cases where babies are seen to have dry skin. Even though it is unnatural, parents can try and use a different moisturizer made of natural ingredients such as coconut oil to keep the skin soft and hydrated.
In addition, avoid bathing the baby frequently as it can have an adverse effect and sap all the necessary nutrients from the baby’s skin, leaving it all dry and dull. Further, it is recommended to use the best natural baby products specifically designed for baby skin.
- Watch The Nail Growth: Baby’s nails are fragile and small compared to adults, but that does not mean they are not sharp. Sharp and long nails can cause scratches on the face and body of the baby itself.
Additionally, baby nails can grow at a very fast pace, so it is recommended to trim and file their nails every once a week or more often if necessary. However, always cut the baby’s nails while asleep to prevent any injury resulting from sudden movements. Therefore, always make sure to keep watch on the nail growth of babies.
- Follow Best Practices For Bathing: It is always recommended to follow the best bathing practices for bathing babies. One must bathe a baby regularly, but the does not mean bathing them every day. Feel free to use a soft washcloth with lukewarm water to wash their hands, genitals, face, and other body parts.
However, it is worth noting that even washcloths can cause more dryness and skin irritation in some cases. Parents should hold the baby securely and never leave them unattended during the baths. Furthermore, keep the baths as short as possible and ensure that the bathing session does not exceed five to ten minutes.
- Take Measures To Avoid Diaper Rashes: When a baby wears a diaper for a prolonged period, the chances of developing a diaper rash can increase. Especially when the diaper is too tight or if the little one is allergic to certain brands of diapers. The best thing to do is replace the diaper soon after the baby soiled in it to prevent any chances of skin infections and rashes. Therefore, one must always opt for diapers that are highly soft and absorbent. These rashes do not lead to any serious complications in most cases, but if the inflammation persists for days, then it is better to get it checked by a pediatrician.
It is very important to take good care of a baby’s skin because it is the largest organ of their body. Therefore, always make sure to keep your little one’s skin dry, clean, and most importantly, keep them out of the sun. However, avoid using moisturizers or other skin products that can worsen skin problems.